I’m a list person. I can’t live without lists and goals. They keep me organized and motivated. There are the boring To-Do type lists and then there are the B-HAG (Big Hairy Ass Goals) and Bucket lists.
I recently reviewed my B-HAG Bucket List and decided to make a few changes and additions, because I have actually checked off more than a few things in the past two years.
Kelly’s B-HAG Bucket List
- Run the Napa Marathon on March 6, 2011, and qualify for the Boston Marathon. I have to have a time of 4:05 in order to qualify. My time for Carlsbad was 4:15:10 so I think this is doable.
- And speaking of Napa, I still want to take a balloon ride over the vineyards whilst sipping champagne.
- Run the Boston Marathon in 2012 for my 50th birthday.
- Finish the first draft of my “Confessions of a Dating Ninja” book by the end of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) November, 2010.
- Build a house with the Habitat for Humanity team.
- Attend Burning Man.
- Stay at a game reserve in Africa.
- Visit the penguins in Antarctica (the only continent I haven’t been to).
- Make a difference every day.
The list has changed quite a bit over the years. It’s gotten quite a bit shorter as well, because I’ve lived a lot of life. It’s time to dream some new dreams and fill it up again. What’s on your list?